Saturday, December 26, 2009

From beach to Barcelona




















12 comments:

  1. The 4th image on this entry is a keeper. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always a juxtaposition of buildings that are very rare and cool (and the commensurate hope they'll be preserved, the dread they might not, and some grandiose scheme to preserve them) and either a) renovations of similarly cool structures or b) construction of not-rare, not-cool, and not-unique modern structures. The side by side comparison of dissimilar structure brings out the salient features in both; they affect each other by affecting the viewer's perspective of each structure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “I’m so in love with the United States. Not as a patriot. I’m in love with America like it’s my first girlfriend. The geography, the people, the smell, the touch, the taste, the gas stations. I’m madly in love with America. Madly in love. And I was the guy that people used to say, “He’s so European.” I mean, I never felt like that. I don’t relate to those monkeys. I just can’t relate to them. I’m a super American…Captain America.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't see how I'm free to go abroad or have an opinion about the rest of the world unless I'm American. Best country in the world. Today I gave another read through of our Bill of Rights. For those of you who don't know, the Bill of Rights are the first 10 ammendments to the Constitution of the United States of America. Here is a link to the Bill of Rights.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/United_States_Bill_of_rights

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Bill_of_Rights

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, the Constitution is a piss-poor, wretched document. At its essence it is an economic document granting control to the federal government over 4 areas: taxes, war, commerce, and control of western lands. The Articles of Confederation is far superior, though unfortunately superceded by the Constitution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thomas Jefferson, a decent lad you may be familiar with, was a vocal opponent of the Constitution on the grounds that it laid the foundation for an all powerful State. His preferred style of government was the "anarchist" (read: state-less) governments in small scale practiced by the native tribes populating North America.

    A bright fellow named Nock took these ideas further arguing the Constituion is the foundational support for the State's intervention into society to reform it, redirect resources, and to divide society “into an owning and exploiting class, and a propertyless dependent class.” The State essentially performs the role of maintaining class structure similar to that of any of the monarchies that came previous. In essence the monarchist state, the Communist State, the Fascist State, etc are all the same: created to maintain the class structure. Quite a heady fellow this Nock was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best countries are those in which the State has failed. Afghanistan and a number of African nations come to mind. In such places there is no State intervention into one's affairs and the act of governing is conducted in small groups or by oneself. Social power is highest in places where the State is nonexistent. In such places I dream of the original American again existing, solely responsible for his safety, his food, his shelter--his happiness.

    The America I believe in began to die with the Constitution, was knee-capped with the creation of the Federal Reserve, and finally destroyed by the actions of FDR and those who came after him. America is a statist country like any other.

    We are all Europeans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I don`t drink any coffee or take any drugs and I don`t smoke cigarettes and I don`t eat sugar and I don`t take any medicine at all. I eat a lot of fish, vegetables, and I stay away from starches. I`m not so sure my eating behavior is responsible. I look like someone who takes drugs, so I refuse to take even aspirin in order to contradict my appearance. But I like the color brown. Oh, and I don`t eat dairy. And I sure do like the color brown. And pink. Pink and brown. If I had to choose, pink would lose."

    ReplyDelete
  10. How were you able to sneak up on that cat. Cats are scary intelligent but will act dumb for a morsel of meat. then they will eat your eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My original comment, I meant the 14th image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I don`t drink any coffee or take any drugs and I don`t smoke cigarettes and I don`t eat sugar and I don`t take any medicine at all. I eat a lot of fish, vegetables, and I stay away from starches. I`m not so sure my eating behavior is responsible. I look like someone who takes drugs, so I refuse to take even aspirin in order to contradict my appearance. But I like the color brown. Oh, and I don`t eat dairy. And I sure do like the color brown. And pink. Pink and brown. If I had to choose, pink would lose."

    ReplyDelete