Sunday, July 5, 2009

5/25/2009 Barcelona



Bike assembled with front and rear racks, panniers, good ole Rivendell Boxy frame and bag00both now discontinued. I wish Grant would bring these two guys back. Perhaps if a write a polite letter.

The next day I would ride to Girona, at first going the wrong way for 15 kilometers before being put in the right direction by Paco, a volunteer cyclist, who rode with me for about 40K before turning back to the block of flats from which he emerged. Paco is the cyclist in the photo. The other photo is the assembled stealth bicycle in the hostal. Yes, hostal, it is a word and is spelled correctly. Folks in Spain know what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. I knew a Paco once in Miami. Paco cut already cut coke with generic baby powder and gave everyone a runny nose in our building. Paco was always knocking on my door and borrowing money. He made some Hondurans angry and we didnt see him anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jesse, for your kind and relevant words. It was not considerate of Paco to do what he did. I hope you never gave him any money. You should have given him a job raking leaves in the yard and then paid him with coupons clipped from local newspapers. This way, he would learn thrift and the value of labor, the concept of capital formation, and the phenomenon of script.

    ReplyDelete