Tuesday, July 7, 2009

5/26/09 Girona







Not many photos taken on the way to Girona. I had been there, taken the route--now it was the beginning of a trip; at last time it was at the end of the trip and a great discovery. I rushed to Girona and quickly rushed past it, wanting to see France for the first time in 12 years, and a part of France unseen to me. What did the French-Spanish border look like on the Mediterranean? I stayed at Hostal Belmiral, where I had stayed in 2006. No toilet, but fine. 65 Euros.

I spoke Spanish that night, and Spanish in the morning. I spoke Spanish in Barcelona. It did not matter, because I knew I would enter a country where I would be deaf-mute.

Here are photos of some bicycle, a hostal room, and the ocean-railtracks near Barcelona.

But these aren't the images which compelled me to take the journey. What does France look like now? How does the French Mediterranean feel? How does it look? Will I run into difficult climbing? Beauty?

1 comment:

  1. I like how you dress your saddle like a kilo of yeyo. Things that resemble your saddle often end up on the shores of the Florida Keys. It is something to look for when you are there as they can be sold easily.

    ReplyDelete