Wednesday, March 3, 2010
summer
Lost on dark Broadway, the morning came. How can I speak of dry wells when this summer morning has come so early. It was just last Tuesday when I watched snow fall on Emerson. The mountain is not less welcoming in the murmured black of winter. No, each night the cold, alone, offered its friendship. Standing on worn ice, I've never felt it closer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Emerson: the best street in denver during a snowstorm.
ReplyDeleteMountains: Cold, wind, silence, darkness (i.e. ultimate friendship)
Summer/winter: halves of a whole. You are always in one or the other. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you something or perhaps steal your girlfriend (if you are so burdened)
"Everything is right for me, which is right for you, O Universe. Nothing for me is too early or too late, which comes in due time for you. Everything is fruit to me which your seasons bring, O Nature. From you are all things, in you are all things, to you all things return."
ReplyDelete-Marcus Aurelius the Stoic philosopher