Sunday, March 7, 2010

What's this them 4 weeks

Went out for a run.
On the second lap, 2 led fast and the Australian eventually dropped me. As I waited for the other runners, 2 females collected in waiting. One caught the eye, but I decided to depart and head home. I turned around and instead headed to the eating joint where the running people meet. It was there over Chinese food I talked her up and got her email, some innocuous, less direct intrusion. I emailed her and told her I could show her around, at least maybe just give some advice to her, at the most maybe even run with her. Emailed her that night. She emailed back day later. She accepted an invitation to eat food. Ate, spoke, drank some booze. Coffee next afternoon. It was a good coffee, because it was 1/2 good legs--my legs--from a run and bike ride that morning and 1/2 good Americano. She was there too. Then next Saturday a random engagement with an old pal's ex, she drank of the banana cognac, waited in listless vacuity until pool came, snow fell and intercourse was realized in a Subaru. More meals followed, more sad looks of longing, and then an empty car unfulfilled and a long drive away in passing. That's all I have to say fellas, that was that.

7 comments:

  1. "Normally the beautiful days in life come after fatigue and difficulties. The difficult labor produces a more beloved result."
    - PRIME MINISTER NURI KAMAL AL-MALIKI of Iraq

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an online magazine, with simulated tactile response from the "pages". I feel like a drunk person trying to turn the pages. Adverts for booze and fashion. A beautiful life, bought, and likely not enjoyed to the level I would choose for myself. But a beautiful life, nonetheless.

    I grew tired of flipping pages after seeing an advert for a single malt. I am certain that many inspiring things await me inside issue 4, if I decide to spend any more time at the website. I'd rather go browse some "accidental beauty" which is quite pleasing compared to the "intentional beauty" featured in this mag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems a guy looking like Mr. datschun (sic) on the second page featuring upside down heads. Also, in same layout, a guy reminding me of our humble narrator of clockwork orange fame, Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its shit. You are correct. But I wrote about a Hungarian girl I jerked off to yesterday on page 86.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Online and in physical copy. Its a magazine that tries too hard to be beautiful, and like an aging whore you can only sometimes be attracted to that effort. Mostly though, you go for the young, dark beauty that has never cared for or understood her beauty, and is as careless with this beauty as the aging whore is careful of whatever it is she's got left.

    Sometimes you stick your dick in shit and sometimes you stick it in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And then the women began arriving in pairs. Tara (a as in alcohol) and Tara (a as in auto), then soon after, Megan (common spelling) and Megan (long e as in seen). This was an example of symmetry, balance, and not confusing at all.

    ReplyDelete