Yes, Moraline has covered all of this. Yes, we are indebted to his work. I am trying to build on it, and in doing so am relying on all of his work.
In other words, it is about the shelter and stability associated with raising a child. I don't blame them. Let them use their ways if this is their goal. But then they face the following: if this is true, their projects lack an authentic ethics. Their actions cannot be trusted, not due to their inherent dishonesty, but rather that the object of their ethics is the safety and well-being of the child (or to the satisfaction of the maternal instinct). All actions serve this goal, and this is where their morality arises. Again, all covered by Moraline years ago.
Rigor aside, I see Moraline's point. It is in their self interest, in the way they are wired. It is not for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment